Background: I am trying to explore India as much as I can. In my case, it cannot be done in a single mega trip. Hence breaking it down into many small trips.
State: Tamil Nadu
Towns/Cities: Thoothukudi/Tuticorin, Thiruchendur and Kanyakumari.
Introduction to Tamil Nadu
- One of the two (Other one is Kerala) southern-most states in India.
- 10th largest state in India (By area. 6th largest by population).
- 2nd largest economy in India.
- One of the manufacturing powerhouses in India.
- Along with Hindi and Telugu, one of the 3 major film industries in India.
- The region where Cheras, Cholas and Pandyas ruled in the ancient times (4th to 3rd century BC).
- Tamil Nadu is said to have over 30000 temples!
- Chennai is said to be the automotive hub of India.
- Tamil, the official language of Tamil Nadu, is also one of the official languages in Singapore and Sri Lanka.
- Home to major festivals and celebrations like Pongal, Jallikattu Etc.